Thursday, 16 May 2013

The Easy Annoyance

     It's been nearly a month since my last post although that has been down to a couple of reasons. The first reason is that I've had limited access to WiFi since I moved a few weeks ago. The other reason is that there hasn't really been that much to post about. Life's getting normal I guess which has surely been my target for the past five years.

     Despite not having much to post about things have happened. I've moved back to Chesterfield and now live above a pub. My parents took the pub on nearly three weeks ago and I moved with them. It's helped them as I've been able to help them in the pub and it's helped me because it's rent free. I'm enjoying being back in Chesterfield although I never actually left the place really. I moved away when I was 21 and I went to work up North. Since then I did some work abroad and in that time my parents moved so I never returned to Chesterfield to live. I did still visit the place though, still headed to Chesterfield to shop rather than Mansfield. I even worked in Chesterfield for three years! It's not quite the same as living there though and now after ten years I can say I'm a Chesterfield citizen again.

     Regarding my transition , things are going ok. I'm used to my new anatomy now and I honestly can't imagine ever having anything else. To me it looks beautiful and I'm so happy with it. I'm getting around 5.5 inches of depth which I'm reasonably happy with. Another inch would be great but I'm not sure I'd want to go through the surgery to get it. Dilations easier now and the horrors of the first week are just a distant memory. I've managed to cut down to two dilations a day now without any discomfort or tightness. Although dilation doesn't hurt it is annoying. The worst one is the night one. Sometimes I just want to get into bed and sleep without the routine of dilating. I really can't wait until I can get down to one dilation a day although I understand that that could be another four months down the line!

     In terms of my recovery I feel like I'm over the worst. My energy levels aren't what they were yet but I'm getting there. I still get sore but not as bad as I did. I have good days and bad days I guess. The bad days are down to tiredness I'm sure. I am starting to think about going back to work sooner rather than later. I need to be earning a wage, need the self worth that that brings. I'm sticking to my guns as regards to the chef thing. Im not sure what I want to do in the short term. In the long term I'm definitely going into teaching. I just need a part time job to get me by for the time being.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma Vicky

    Sounds like you are well on the mend. I am very pleased for you..Guess what? I used to work in Chesterfield..Yes! the gateway to lovely countryside. Now..."That Time" is upon me. Gonna wish me Good Luck..? Kimberley x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.