Well, I'm getting B.A. (Breast Augmentation). It's happening on the 24th of October in Sheffield. Perhaps I should rewind a bit. Back in June I had an appointment at Nottingham G.I.C. and at that appointment Dr Bouman mentioned about my breast development. It's not been the best if I'm honest. I have something though so it's not too bad. I was just expecting more I guess. Anyway, he mentioned that he's have a chat with the commissioner and that B.A. might be a possibility. A few days later and I had it confirmed that I'd be referred for B.A. and it's just progressed from there. A couple of weeks ago I had an appointment with Mr Caddy in Sheffield and he put me forward for surgery. Just before the weekend I got my date and it's in a months time!
Breast surgery was never really a part of my transition plan because I never really thought it'd be a realistic possibility. I was happy with the GRS and the hormones. Now I still can't quite process the fact that I'm going under the knife again and that I'm going to wake up with better boobs, with a cleavage! It still seems a really strange concept to me. I think that the swiftness of the operation is quite scary. It still feels like a dream really. I can remember before I had GRS. I had a few dreams where I was going down for surgery but I wasn't ready. That's what this feels like. I'm not entirely sure I'm ready! That's not to say that I'm having second thoughts because I'm not, not in the slightest. I'm starting to really look forward to it. The recovery doesn't scare me either. If I can recover from GRS then I can recover from this, that's for certain!
I think that because I never expected it I've not prepared for it. Ultimately I spent three years preparing for GRS. I've had two weeks to prepare for BA! I'll be ok and (although I'm only in hospital overnight) I'll post another hospital diary!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.