Monday, 13 January 2014

Does My Future Include A GRC?

     My 2nd post today! I do have quite a lot to catch up on though having not posted since before the New Year! Life in 2014 is going ok so far. College has started back after the Christmas break and I'm working a lot too which is good. One thing did happen before Christmas which wasn't very nice in that I had my purse pinched out of my bag. To cut a very long story short, I was queuing to get into a club and someone went in behind me and swiped my purse. Luckily there was no money in it so they only had my cards, etc. It was upsetting though and it's proved to be a big head ache, what with having to cancel my bank cards and sort out my driving license etc.

     The reason I've mentioned my purse is that it's loss links in directly with the next stage of my transition! I filled out my application for a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) today. I've got my two medical reports and I've got my statutory declaration signed by a solicitor. I'm just in the process of gathering the evidence I'll need to prove I've been living as a woman and I need to also send in my driving license. I just need to order a replacement seeing as it was stolen along with my purse. As soon as I get the new one though I should be all set to send in my GRC application. Then it's down to the Gender Recognition Panel whether I get to legally be recognised as a female. It is a pain but it's essentially the last furlong of a very long race. Once I get my GRC and my new birth certificate with it then I'll legally be a woman. It's strange that I need a bit of paper to confirm what I already know but once I do get that piece of paper then my journey through transition will be complete.

     Yesterday I went to see a psychic. I'm quite sceptical about things like that but I do have a very open mind towards it too. I like to believe in things like an afterlife but logic dictates that there isn't one. To think that we all end up in eternity with our loved ones though is a comforting thought. The Psychic is a woman called Di and she's very good. First she started talking about my granddad and that had me sobbing. She told me that my granddad knew that I'd changed things in my life and that I was different to the person he remembered. He was proud of me though and he just wanted me to live my life and be happy. Apparently he was saying 'You're mortal, just live life!'. My granddad died before I even 'came out' to anyone and it's always eaten at me. I just wanted to know what he'd have thought about my transition and whether he'd have accepted it. I think I've gotten my answer. Di then talked about my grandma. Apparently she thought a lot about me and was proud of the way I'd supported my parents in the pub. She was looking out for me. I was still sobbing at this point. It was just the idea that my grandparents were there, it was an amazingly comforting thought. Di then went on to talk about my future. Apparently children are going to feature (possibly through my future teaching career) and I'm going to meet someone this year, possibly in September when I start my next college course. I need to start eating healthier and I need to exercise. She said lots of things and a lot of it rung true in my life. I'm still a sceptic about a lot of things but I'm more of a believer than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.