Friday, 30 January 2015

The Next Great Adventure, The Next Big Journey!

In September I will begin another of life's great adventures when I start at University! It's both scary and exciting at the same time because on the one hand, ooer I'm starting university but on the other hand, eeekk I'm starting university! It's a similar feeling to the one I had in the months leading up to GRS. I wanted it to happen and I was excited by the whole experience but there was also something kinda dark and scary about it all.
With University, I'm scared about how I'll fit in, will I fit in? I'm scared about meeting new people but I'm also excited to be meeting new people too. I'm excited to be welcoming a whole group of strange and wonderful people into my life. I'm excited about moving to a new place, about embracing University life and trying new experiences. I'm excited about studying the course and two subjects I have a lot of passion for, those of English Literature and Creative Writing.
So, which University am I planning on attending. Bangor looks like the most promising one and I have kinda set my heart on it. It's in an absolutely gorgeous location on the North Wales coast and I've heard nothing but good things about it. It's a University that seems to be going up in the League tables and it has an extremely high student satisfaction rating. I also feel that it would be right for me, that we would be a good fit. It's only a small city which suits me because I don't like big places. I like places where I can get to a place of nature and peace within about 10 minutes and Bangor seems to fit that profile.
I've already begun a certain amount of networking in terms of chatting to current Bangor Students and I've already joined two societies on Facebook, the LGBTQ and the Feminist societies. I have an applicant open day visit in March and a few of the members of the LGBTQ group have already offered to meet up with me and show me around! One of the students who I've been chatting to is doing the same course I'll be doing in September (although he'll be a second year by then) and he's been telling me about the course and what to expect. It looks really exciting with the first year involving writing a short stories and putting together a poetry portfolio! If you hadn't guessed yet, I'm so excited!!!
I know that Bangor will be a big move for me (3 hours drive away from home) but I really think that it will be the making of me. It'll allow me to start again in some respects, to reinvent myself a little. Let's also be honest, three hours isn't that bad, especially considering I've spent twenty months of my life living in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.