Friday, 30 March 2012

'It's Time'......Or Is It?

It's been a while since my last post but a lot has happened so I think I'm off the hook. Life tends to get in the way sometimes doesn't it. The truth is though that if I don't post then things tend to be going well. This is only really a quick post because I had a dream last night. I dream most nights such is my over active imagination but last nights dream was special somehow. It was my first dream about the operation.

     I was in the hospital although I can't really remember seeing any other patients. I'd been in for a month for some reason and one night I got woken up by a nurse who said simply 'It's time!' I got dressed (for some unknown reason) and put my phone and purse into a safe that was embedded in the wall above my bed. There was a keypad and a key and the code for the keypad was printed on the side of the key. The safe itself was tiny. I'm not sure why the small things like that are so clear, dreams are strange things. Anyway, at this point I got a look around the ward. All of the other beds were empty. The time was around 5am although it wasn't dark, just dusk like. I asked the nurse if I could go to the loo and she said 'yes, of course. Be quick mind because you're to go down at 5:05am prompt!'. I quickly went to the loo and sat down in the cubicle. At that point I realized that I hadn't had any hair removal or even shaved at all down there. I began to panic so made my way back to the ward. For some reason I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans with a hospital gown. The nurse was in the nurses station emptying the fridge into a bin. She was throwing a lot of food away. I said to her 'I've not actually seen a surgeon yet, are you sure it's my time?'. The nurse smiled and said 'No one sees the surgeon love, you'll be fine.' Then she led me down stairs, down flights of stairs. The last thing I remember before waking is a set of turquoise swing doors in front of me with a white light emanating from them.

   I awoke and for a moment reality took a second. It seemed to boot back up as I realized where I was and that the dream wasn't real. Despite the strangeness and coldness of the dream I was actually really disappointed to wake up. Anyway, that's the reason for this post. I will do a proper update in due course, so much to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.