In a weeks time I'll hit 30 which means that I'll be bidding goodbye to a decade of my life that's been the making of me. I think that the 20's are important in anybodies life. It's usually the period during which you settle down with someone, buy your first house, have your first child. It's also the period in your life when you tend to grow up and see the world differently. My 20's has been a bit of a crazy time. I've not settled down, brought my own house ans kids are definately not on the horizon. I have grown up though and I have changed. Ten years ago I was a 19 year old chef. I was still really confused over things but I'd found a good middle ground. I had a small collection of clothes and dressed up whenever the time allowed. It wasn't very often but it was enough. Anyway, here is the review of the decade that made me who I am today.
20 Years Old - 2002
The 20 year old me was different in so many ways to the me that's writting this blog. He was shy and unconfident. He was naive and a dreamer. He was also a few pounds lighter and he was a he. He was a chef at The Ringwood Hall Hotel and had just completed his NVQ in Catering. Right, I'm going to stop referring to him in the 3rd person now. I had just completed my NVQ in catering and I guess I was pretty settled in things. I was reasonably happy in my job. I had a small collection of clothes hidden in my bottom drawer. I wasn't really sure of who or what I was. All I knew is that something wasn't quite right. One thing I didn't know though was that in 10 years time I'd be living as a woman.
21 Years Old - 2003
21 was a big age for me and a huge year. I had just moved up to Widnes and was working at a hotel there. This meant that I had left home and I really enjoyed the independance that this gave me. It also gave me the opportunity to really explore my feminine side and it's something that I did with gusto. I purchased my first wig and shaved my legs for the first time I also added to my fledgling wardrobe and finally discovered that I wasn't alone. In July of that year I purchased my first laptop. I had begun doing my NVQ level 3 in catering and thought that a laptop would help me do the paperwork. Getting that laptop was possibly one of the most important things I did. It meant that I could access the internet for the first time which meant that I could find others like me. I discovered the support forums and worked out a place on the spectrum. I liked to dress in womens clothes and I loved to feel feminine. It wasn't a sexual thing for me, it never has been. It's just something I did. Towards the end of my 21st year I began to think about working abroad. It was something I wanted to do and by the time I celebrated my 22nd birthday I had a job pretty much in the bag.
To be continued.......
interesing reading Emma I agree with the internet coment ,I just wish that i had it in the 70,s 80,s my life would have been better,,,,,Sam,,,,
ReplyDelete