Hello, it's been a while I know. Well, 3 weeks actually which in blog terms is quite a long time. Is the ever increasing time between blog posts a sign of the end of this blog? It's probably just the fact that I have more things going on in my life these days, I hardly have time for much blogging.
Work wise, it's going alright. I've been at my new job for 6 weeks nearly and it's definatly different. It's nice working at a place where my gender isn't at the forefront. To them I'm a woman, plain and simple and thats great, it really is. Every now and again I do wonder whether they know. If they do then that's good too as they aren't making a big issue out of it.
Romance wise, things are also going great. I'm really enjoying spending time with Jamie and I am really falling for him. He is such a nice guy he really is. I'm on more money than he is but he still insists on buying me my lunch and the majority of the drinks. He's also brought the majority of the cinema tickets. I think that he's enjoying having someone he can spoil and treat which is kinda fine by me. I say 'kinda; because I do feel bad having him spend his money on me. I'm certainly not with him for his money.
The fact that he's fully aware of things regarding my past is also a really good thing. He is so supportive and good about it all. I've pretty much told him everything about what the next year will involve and he seems ok about it all.
I know it's early days but having this bit of romance in my life is so positive for me. I'm so happy at the moment and I really hope it works out.
In other news I have my second opinion apointment at Notts GIC in less than 2 weeks. I should have no problems with it at all. I am a bit nervous though because it is such a huge thing. If I get my second oppinon then the next stop is seeing a surgeon and things will really get moving. As I said though, it is just a formality I feel. Jamie actually offered to come along to the appointment but I told him that I'll just meet him afterwards.
On a last note, next Thursday will mark my 2 year anniversary and the end of my 2 year RLE. It has flown by it really has although I can remember thinking how long 2 years was. It has been 2 of the most secure years in my life though and I have no regrets about taking this path. I honestly think that I probably wouldn't be here today had I not taken control of my life in the way I did. I'll post a more extensive 'birthday post' next week. Until then, adios :-)
Spending more time living life and less time blogging is always a good sign. I am glad things at work are going well for you and I am sure your paranoia will fade in time. You have done really well for yourself over the past two years and you should be proud of your achievements. I am sure your second opinion will go really well and I wish you all the best in your future surgery. Take care Emma Xxx
ReplyDeleteEmma,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have posted again. We used to exchange comments together in Angels a few years ago when we were both at the start of our transitions and then I lost touch with you so I have read with earnest your journey. I am so very happy for you and at the same time can also empathise with much of what you write.
I hope you will share more in future though I understand the pull to "disappear" and live a life that involves as little reference to trans as might be possible.
Best wishes and lots of Love
Victoria cantons (I'm easily found online)
Have you told him you run a blog yet :-)
ReplyDeleteSeriously pleased it's working out - good luck
Thought of you a couple of weeks ago when passing near your new workplace. Great to hear all is going well for you, especially the romance :-)
ReplyDeleteAll the best
Tanya xx