In my last post I mentioned about a few things that have been happening in my life recently. Well, aside from the job, the past few weeks have seen a few developments on the romance front. Now, a couple of months ago I joined a dating site. I wasn't looking for a relationship as such, I just wanted to see the kind of response I got. I actually got a very good response I got chatting to a couple of guys. I swapped numbers with one of them and after a few texts we decided to meet. It was at this point that I told him about my being trans. I didn't say much, only that I was transgender. Despite this, he still seemed interested and so we met up on the 21st March.
For the 1st date we went walking near Matlock. It was a lovely day and the great thing about walking was that there was no pressure. We talked and discussed our likes and dislikes, chatted about our respective history's and got on really well. It was a really nice day.
The 2nd date came a couple of weeks later. We went out in Nottingham on a friday night. I caught the bus so I could drink and he was the perfect gentleman. He brought most of the drinks (until I insisted on buying a round) and brought me a rose from a flower seller. That was a nice touch as no one had ever brought me a flower before. It was after this that we had our first kiss and an hour or so later he walked me to the bus stop. I'm not sure what got us onto the whole trans thing but somehow I found myself telling him exactly where I was in terms of my gender. I ended up in tears as I poured my heart out about it all. I guess I was giving him a 'get out of jail free' card. I was giving him an opportunity to run if he wanted. He actually reacted really well though and said that he'd support me through it all.
The 3rd date was a cinema trip to see Titanic in 3D. Titanic is one of my favourite films of all time and it was nice seeing it with him. We held hands as we watched the film and I even shed a few tears in parts.
I need this romance in my life, I need this. It's really given me a new lease of life. It's great having someone to do things with whether its a Cinema trip or a walk in the Peaks. Obviously, it's not going to be the most straightforward of relationships due to obvious things, but it has potential. It is only early days at the moment and due to work we can only see each other once a week. We are making it work though which is the main thing.
Reading of your romance is a delight, Em. I'm hoping that it blossoms. Sue xxx
ReplyDelete