Tuesday, 25 September 2012

An End In Sight

     You many have noticed a slight difference in the appearence of this blog. It's something I do every now and again to keep things fresh. Also the time is right because my life, and this blog, has reached a point whereupon an end point can be seen. I'm not naive enough to think that the op is the end of my transition. Essentially I'll be 'in transition' for the rest of my life. The op does represent a change though and the end of a volume of my life. I certainly feel that there will become a point where transition will become an after thought, rather than the dominance it currently is. There will come a point when I post on this blog less and less until I forget about it entirely. I don't want that to happen and so I will end this blog at some point, probably next summer.

     I mentioned in my previous posts that things feel different now. It feels like autumn and not just because the turn in the weather. This has been a story 24 years in the making and I still can't believe that those dreams I had as a child will come true. As the quote above suggests, the beginning of my story, foretold it's end. Infact if you look at the 'My Story' part of this blog (above on the tabs) you will see the first paragraph....

'My first real memories regarding my gender issues occurred when I was maybe six or seven years old. I can remember lying in bed at night, in the enveloping darkness. I would often cry myself to sleep, hoping and praying that I’d wake up as a girl.'

I still can't quite believe that it will happen, in fact I'll probably still be pinching myself on the way to the hospital! It's all set though and I'm just awaiting the letter confirming the various dates and times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.