| Buckingham Palace |
| Tower Bridge |
| The old execution spot in the grounds of The Tower of London. |
Of course, Thursday's trip to London was about so much more than sightseeing. It was about a 10 minute moment when I met my future surgeon, Mr James Bellringer. I wrote my last blog posts on the day and I think that you sometimes need a nights sleep just to put things into context. On Thursday night I had a number of very strange and vivid dreams and I actually thought that Thursdays events had been a dream at first. It's only when I saw the notes the Clinical Nurse had given me that I realised that it had happened.
As you go along the transition route there's always that feeling of impending obstacles. You get the feeling that at some point you'll be stopped in your tracks by a negative decision. Whether it's a NO from your GP regarding a referral to the GIC, a NO from the GIC during your initial assessment. a NO from your GP regarding the prescription of Hormones, a NO from your GIC regarding a referral to a surgeon or a NO from your surgeon. The risk is ever present in your mind even if it's perhaps misplaced fear. Now I've got myself an operation (Mr Bellringers words!) I honestly feel that there is no stopping me. For the first time I really know that this is going to happen and so things are different. It's such a strange feeling to know that you are on the home straight.
Despite getting the go ahead for surgery, I'm still waiting on a date. I phoned up yesterday and she's going to phone on Monday to discuss the date. It will be sometime in April though I gather which isn't that bad. I'll just be happy to get a date I can work towards to be honest.
So right about each step feeling like the one where you will trip up. Even as I arrived for my appointment to see the surgeon I was sure something would go wrong.
ReplyDeleteSeven months on from my op the whole period of transition is fading away into memory and sometimes feels just like a bad dream...