14 is the section that you go to when you die in the Grailquest books.
This week has been a bit easier at work. I've gotten to grips with what it takes to be a Head Chef and the paperwork isn't so much of a shock. I've got a couple of Kitchen Porters so my work load has been cut down a bit. This week is due to be harder though. With next week being Christmas Week, my suppliers delivery dates are a bit all over the place so I'm putting in my orders tomorrow for the new year! Despite that I am enjoying it a bit more than I did at first. It's nice to have my own dishes on the menu and to be able to present them how I want.
The other week I had a phone call. I glanced at the caller id and it was Jamie, as in my ex Jamie. I'm not exactly sure why I never deleted his number, I guess I just forgot. I'm so glad that I did keep his number though because had I deleted it I'd have answered the phone. I wouldn't have known it was Jamie until I answered! I personally think that he'd been out (it was 11:00pm on a Saturday) and he'd realised how lonely he is. There's not a chance I'd get back with him but hearing his voice would've stirred the old memories back up. Just knowing that he'd called, seeing his name on the caller id, reopened some old wounds. I remembered how he treated me at the end and how he text-dumped me. For a moment I felt pity but that was quickly replaced by a certain self satisfaction When he ended it I told him that he'd regret it and I really do believe that he is. I think that he thought he could do better when he dumped me. I gave him confidence and so he thought that he could do better. The truth is that he couldn't do better, I could.
Truth be told, I'm enjoying the single life. I'm made peace with the fact that I should probably wait until after the op before I commit to anyone. That's not to say that I don't have one or two admirers. I've gotten to know a few of the regulars at work and I know that should I decide to be with someone I wouldn't be short of offers.
set his number to go straight to answer service, then you wont be bothered again Emma. xx
ReplyDeleteI love your inner strength "The truth is that he couldn't do better, I could." Yes! x
ReplyDelete