Wednesday, 23 October 2013

The Eve of Surgery.....Again!

7 months ago I was just a couple of days away from the biggest operation of my life. I was nervous, scared, all the things you might expect. Now, I'm on the eve of another operation and one which will have just as much significance as the one 7 months ago. Tomorrow morning, at 7:00am I'm due at the Theatre Admissions Unit at Sheffields Royal Hallamshire Hospital where I will undergo Breast Augmentation! It's an operation I never thought I'd have because I never imagined it'd be accessable to me. I certainly couldn't afford it myself so the only route for me was always the NHS and I never imagined I'd get it that way! Alas, I was wrong and it's happening, I'm getting a 'boob job' and I couldn't be happier!

     I'm trying to compare how it feels now to how I felt the night before my last operation in March. Then I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect, it was a new experience for me. I was also scared because it was my first operation since I was a very small child. I didn't know what to expect from being put to sleep or how the process worked. This time I know how it feels to be put to sleep and I'm not scared really because of that. I'm more annoyed than anything. It's the whole pre-op thing I'll have to go through. The needles, the whole nil by mouth thing, the palaver of having surgery! Everything else I'm fine with! The anesthetic  doesn't bother me, the recovery doesn't bother me either but the whole hospital experience surrounding the surgery does!

     I'll be fine and I'm looking forward to composing another 'surgery diary' although it'll be fairly short because I'm only in hospital overnight. I'll keep you all informed to how it goes and I'll see you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.