Friday, 9 December 2011

Roll On The New Year...

So, December is well and truly upon us. For me, that means 3 weeks of turkey, sprouts and all other kinds of Christmas related food. I'm not going to lie, after day 4 it starts to get to be a real pain. It also means that I seem to spend a lot of time between a set of hot lamps and a stove. I may come across as a bit of scrooge around Christmas but I'm not really. I just get a little tired of it that's all. I also get tired of work. I've been on 6 day weeks for the past 5 weeks and I've been doing some pretty long days. While most of the country can look forward to a festive period at home with their families, I have to work. It really is no wonder that I always look towards this time of year with a sense of dread. I will enjoy Christmas when I get the chance. I'll drink too much wine, eat too much Chocolate and see the family. I guess that I just have to make the most of the limited time I get.

     To be honest, I tend to enjoy the new year more. I look forward to the start of a new period in my life. The new year brings about the beginning and nobody enjoys a beginning more than me. Don't get me wrong, I'll be sorry to see the back of 2011. It hasn't been the most eventful of years, not by recent standards anyway, but it's still been a year in which I can look back on with a smile.

     At the end of 2010 I said that 2011 would be all about settling down. I knew that there wouldn't be any major events and I guess that I needed a bit of a respite. 2008, 2009 and 2010 were all pretty big years in my life and so 2011 was the year of the rest. I'm really looking forward to 2012 with a lot of optimism. Lest us forget that in June 2012, I'll complete the 2 year Real Life Test required by the NHS. After that I should be referred for surgery.

     Talking about surgery, I've been thinking lately about where I want to be referred. It's between Brighton and Charing Cross in London. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to try for Charing Cross, mainly because it's closer. I also know a few girls who have gone to Charing Cross and only report good things. I've got 6 months yet so there's plenty of time to decide. I'm also going to discuss it in more detail with my doctor at the GIC. I have another appointment there on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.