Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Stealth Time

I've spoken a lot about the need to move on and this need has only really intensified this past few weeks. My life has changed a lot recently, in a number of different ways. I'll fill you all in shortly regarding everything that's been happening but the main one has been my new job. It has been so good to just be me, to not be Emma the transsexual and to be Emma the woman. I guess that although this new found freedom that living in stealth brings is great, it has also added a few complications to my life. I'm not naive to believe that I can stay in stealth forever and I know that someday my history will come back into focus again. I am pretty keen to keep it under wraps for a while yet though.

Of course to hide my history means to delete the Internet! I have a pretty large Internet footprint, this very Blog being a couple of toes on that footprint. The first volume of this Blog, 'Breaking Free of the Bud' offers another sizable chunk on that footprint. Then (and this is the biggest Internet signature I have) there is Facebook. I have been unbelievably open on Facebook regarding my history. I 'came out' on Facebook, have regularly posted updates regarding my transition and posted old photos. Most of my facebook friends were from the trans community. I say were, because I have since deleted that facebook account. I needed to for many reasons. Some of my workmates will have been looking for me on Facebook so to stay in stealth I needed to remove the trans element from my profile. At first I went through my profile page with a fine tooth comb, removing old posts and photos that referred to my past life. In the end though, I decided that the only way to ensure that nothing 'got through' was to delete the profile and start again. It feels good though, to start with a blank sheet. It feels right somehow. 2012 is proving to be a year for new starts for me for so many reasons. Of course, the biggest new start could occur right at the end of the year should everything go to plan.

So, if you've received a new friendship request from me then it's my new profile so please accept it. If you haven't then I am sorry, I just need to keep my Facebook page separate now. This whole facebook thing doesn't mean that I'm ashamed of who I am or that I'm completely distancing myself from the whole trans thing. Various developments will become clearer over the coming days that will hopefully shed a lot more light on why I need to go stealth a bit more.

4 comments:

  1. FYI THIS blog also comes up if you google your name.

    If you want to delete your web footprint then this also has to go babe. I love reading your posts, but you gotta archive this one under a different name, or just delete it.

    I suggest your next blog name is "EmmaStealth" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not decide on a stealth mode but I think there comes a moment for everyone when they have to take care of themselves. I stepped back from fb some months ago just for the peace and quiet in my life...

    Glad it is all going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm aware that I'll never truly beable to escape my history. As I stated in the post, I'd have to delete the Internet! I've been mentioned in other peoples blogs and on other peoples Facebook pages. I could archive this blog under a different name but if someone searched hard enough then something would always be found. This is really an exercise in prevention rather than all out protection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you all the best, no matter what you decide to do re your internet presence Emma. Just remember, you can always text those of us that you have phone numbers for. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.