Thursday, 7 November 2013

A Different Transition

     It's only been two weeks since I had the second surgery of 2013, my Breast Augmentation although it feels like a lot longer! This past two weeks have seemed to last a lifetime, so many different emotions being thrown together. In terms of my recovery, it's going okay. I'm looking to go back to work in a couple of weeks and I am feeling better than I was. They do feel sore and I especially notice it after a busy day. I'm not able to lift anything too heavy yet and even things like pulling a pint behind the bar are hard! I'm okay though and I am extremely happy with the results. It feels strange having bigger breasts but in a nice way. No regrets at all!

     We're starting to get ready for my grandmas funeral which is next week. I just need it done I guess. It still feels really surreal that she's not here anymore but we all have to come to terms with the fact she's not. I can still picture her, on the kitchen floor and although we now know that there was nothing we could've done it's still an image that's imprinted on my mind. It feels like something I watched rather than witnessed, like I wasn't really there. I guess it's the shock still or a way for my mind to make sense of it.

     I'm still enjoying college and, as I predicted, English is proving to be one of my stronger subjects. We did a controlled assessment a couple of weeks ago. It was an essay in which we had to analyse two different stories talking about the way emotions are portrayed in them and how the two stories are linked. The mark goes towards my final grade and I did very well. I got 12/15 which is equivalent to a B! My lecturer said that it was just a whisker away from an A! I'm so proud of myself and it's given me confidence that I can do well in all three GCSE's I'm doing. He said also that it was the highest grade in the year for the controlled assessment, just to make my head bigger! Afterwards, in my class, a few of my classmates started comparing results. I never told anyone mine but the general score was around the 7/15 mark which shows you how well I did!

     In terms of my longer goal, I still want to teach and I'm already looking ahead to next years studies and beyond. When I pass my GCSE's in June I'm looking at doing an Access Level 3 course in Humanities and Social Science. This is basically a substitute for A-Levels designed for mature learners. After that I should be able to get into University to train as a Primary School Teacher! I'm really starting to feel confident about my future now although I know how stressful it's going to be. I know it's not going to be easy but I'm as determined as ever to succeed!

     I have thought about renaming this blog because I do feel that I am no longer in transition. Saying that, although I'm not transitioning anymore in terms of my gender, my career is going through a transition from hardened Head Chef with temper issues (I used to shout and swear A LOT) to nice and gentle Primary School Teacher! Quite a transition don't ya think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.