Friday, 28 February 2014

Magic March!

     It's March the 1st tomorrow and it's a date which always gets me excited. It is of course the month of my birthday. I've always loved birthdays because it's a day which I can truly call my own. Regardless of anything that happens throughout the year, March the 15th is my day and that will never change as long as I live. Over recent years though, March has become a truly magical month for me. It's a month in which good things happen. Let me explain.....

My First Time Out As Emma 
On March the 19th 2008 I went up to Manchester for my first ever time out as Emma. As far as momentus days go this has to be right up there at the top. I can still remember pretty much every aspect of that night right down to the taste of the Salmon I had for my meal. It reaffirmed for me most of what I was going through. I felt right and I felt amongst friends. That night was the first time I'd ever (knowingly) met anyone like me and for the first time in my life I felt like I fitted in.

My First G.I.C. Appointment
I recieved my appointment letter on the 7th January 2010. My appointment was on the 3rd March that same year and that is what started everything for me. Without that appointment then I'm not sure I'd be here today because attending the GIC allowed me to start transition when I did. I attended Nottingham G.I.C. and I have nothing but great things to say about the services (both medical and psychological) that I recieved while under their care.

My G.R.S.
On the 25th March 2013, at aproximately 4pm I underwent Gender Reassignment Surgery at Charing Cross Hospital in London under the care of Mr James Bellringer. As far as events go, that has got to be the biggest. I'm coming up to a year post-op and I still have no regrets what so-ever. My recover was hard but I'm fully recovered now and pretty much loving life.

My G.R.C.
On March 10th 2014 my application for my Gender Recognition Certificate will go before the Gender Recognition Panel in Leicester. Getting my G.R.C. is something I've only really thought about recently and once upon a time I wasn't really that bothered about it. I'm female, I know I'm female and I don't need a piece of paper to prove that. Recently though getting my G.R.C. has gained a huge importance. Looking at my birth certificate I see the word MALE and I don't want that. I want one with FEMALE on it.

So, Magic March is my month pretty much. Hopefully, as regards to my G.R.C., this year will follow that trend. Also with the prospect of romance in the air (the psychic did say I'd meet someone) March could be even more magical than ever!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and best wishes for another magical March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making an assumption here, but it seems very strange to me that I may of played a part in your life to were you are now. How can what I done on that particular evening shape your future, it seems unreal as I was just being me and wanting to make you be at ease with yourself, as well as enjoying the moment too. Regardless, really pleased for you now - dreams do come true after all! :-) Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.