Tuesday, 1 November 2011

12 or bust!

I've been a bit ill recently. Nothing to be concerned about, just a cold, albeit a quite vicious one. I think that it's the sudden cooling in the temperature that we seem to have undergone. I do seem to get colds quite easily though. It seems that I'm permanently on the lemsips at this time of year!

     Feeling ill aside, things aren't going too badly at the moment. I'm trundling through life, taking things as they come. I guess that it's all leading up to a couple of big events next year. Firstly I'm 30 in march. I was terrified at hitting 29 and now that the big 3-0 is fast approaching I'm very anxious. I know that I'll wake up on March 15th and things will still be the same. I'll be a day older than on the 14th, that's all. Being 30 does have a kind of significance though, as though it's all downhill from then on. I'm pretty sure that I'll be thinking a lot about the significance of hitting 30 over the course of the next 4 months.

     Secondly (and perhaps more important that hitting 30), next year may also be when I become all woman. I'm not naive enough to put my life on that, but I am kinda hoping it is. I'm not very superstitious but one thing that does concern me is the number 13. I do not like 13, I never have. If we get a pre-order of dishes at work and they want 13 of a particular dish, I always do 14. I try and avoid 13 wherever possible. I really don't want to have the biggest operation of my life in a year that ends in 13. Obviously, the op is the big thing here so if it comes down to having it in 2013 then I'll go along with that. That's not to say that I'll be completely comfortable with it though. Of course with recent increases in waiting times, I am expecting the late part of 2012 at the earliest.

   

2 comments:

  1. Good news! 'Down hill' starts at 50 so you've got a long way to go! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50? thank goodness for that as I've got another 8 years. Lol.
    As for 13 Emma, its 14 where things seem to go wrong for me. But that's just me isn't it, a bit difficult. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.