Thursday, 20 October 2011

Small Changes To Make Things Better

I'm 30 in less than 6 months and It's causing me to reflect a lot. I know I need to make changes in my life and yet I'm struggling to make them. The truth is that I'm finding motivation a bit of a problem. It's crazy really because I made the biggest change anyone can make in transitioning. The changes I need to make now are small in comparrison.

     Firstly I need to lose weight. I'm not fat as such I'm just not thin either. I have a growing belly and it needs to be nipped in the bud so to speak. I know how I'm putting the weight on. I nibble a lot in work. The odd chip here, the odd bit of meat there, it all mounts up. I reckon that I eat the equivalent of a meal just through the bits I nibble during a working day. I've started cutting that down and my hands red raw at the end of a shift with the amount of times I slap it! I've even started having fruit as a snack if I'm hungry. It is proving to be very hard though. 
     I also get next to no exercise. This has got worse since I've had my car and it needs to be addressed. I'm putting together a bit of an exercise plan, something I can do after work. I'm also going to start running abit and walking to places rather than driving. I weighed myself tonight and I'm 12 stone exactly. If I can get down to 10 1/2 then I'll be happy. It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

     Secondly I need to feel more feminine. Before I went full-time I always wore skirts or dresses whenever I dressed. These days I live in leggings. I know that this is because I'm not happy with my body image but hopefully the weight loss will help with this. I guess that another thing is that before full-time I needed those moments to feel feminine wheras everyday dressing has to be about comfort. I will start to wear more skirts and more femine things though and I'm going to attempt a few new styles, find one I'm happy with. 

     Thirdly I need a relationship. This one is the hardest one to address because of where I am in life. I'm in transition which means that I'm neither in one place or another. I could still be in this transitional state for another 2 years. If I'm going to be in a relationship now then they need to be aware of my transgender status. In all honesty, my internet footprint is big enough to ensure that my transgender status is pretty much an open thing anyway. I just need someone to be ok with it. I'm not naive to believe that everyone will be fine about it. By the same token this is who I am so if someones not ok with it then there's no room for them in my life. 
     I guess that I need to feel that I'm not in transition. To be in transition sugests that you're a work in progress, not the finished article and I really don't like feeling like that. Maybe it's just my impatient nature, maybe it's the fact that I've got used to things happening quickly. My route through the GIC has been rather qiuick. I do need to be patient though and I need to get certain things together before I can get involved with someone romantically. I would love a bit of romance in my life though. 

   

1 comment:

  1. I have just returned from a family visit where the husband is a chef and on days when he is working we have hardly ever seen him sit down to eat anything, judging that through the day he has nibbled enough...

    When I first got use of a car I continued to regularly use my bike which confused many people. My waist band started to expand from that moment. Nip it in the bud if you can!

    Being in a good frame of mind helps stop comfort eating for me but educing weight is many times harder than adding it!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.