Thursday, 12 January 2012

Laser and Implants

Yesterday I had my first laser appointment in about 4 months. To say I was ready is an understatement. At £100 a time though I just couldn't afford it over the Christmas period. The good thing now is that I should be able to get into a good rhythm of 12 weekly appointments. 2012 is the year in which I finally get sorted in all aspects of my life after all. Anyway, so I went yesterday afternoon and she blasted it. She really made up for lost time. The only bad thing (apart from the cost and immense pain) is that for a few days afterwards I get quite bad beard shadow. From what I know, I think it has something to do with the dead hairs falling out. Anyway, at the moment the shadow is quite bad. Of course it's all for the greater good.

     The nurse who lasers me knew me before I transitioned and we always have a good chat about things. She sees a few trans patients and so is always asking about how my transition is going. I think that that's why I've stuck with her. I've had a few moments where I've worried that the laser may not be as effective as it possibly should be and I think that had she not been as friendly as she is I might have moved clinics. It is important that you get on with the person in control of a laser on your face though and I do get on with her.

     In other news, I had my anti-androgen implant in this morning. For those not in the know, every 12 weeks I have to have a capsule implanted in my stomach lining close to my belly button. What this does is it inhibits my ability to produce testosterone which means that the hormone pills I take can have full effect. Thankfully, once I have the op then I won't need it as I won't have the equipment to produce testosterone anyway. The thing is that it hurts, alot. The needle is huge and it leaves a bit of a bruise. I actually had a bit of a chat with the doctor before he put the implant in. I've been quite lucky with the doctors as they've done everything they've been asked to. I did have a slight stumbling block when I was first required to have an implant but once that was sorted, everythings been good. He was really interested in my 'endgame' and it was quite a nice friendly chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.