So here we are, 2012. This year we'll finally see the Olympics take place in London as well as be witness to another let down as England take part in Euro 2012. Personally it has the potential to be the most important year of my life. At the very least I should be seen by a surgeon for a 2nd opinion at CHX. The actual surgery may not take place until early 2013 although I'm hopping on a November date.
I'm not going to lie though, I'm extremely optimistic about this year. For me, 2011 was like the warm up act at a concert. You experience it and take what you can from it but at the end of the day, it's not what you came for. What you really want is the main event and for me the main event has been 2012, or at least I hope it's the main event. Don't get me wrong, 2011 wasn't a bad year. It was a comfortable year. I got back on the road, started the anti-androgen injections and started this 2nd edition of my blog. I think that the trouble is that 2008 thru 2010 were very busy and so 2011 has perhaps been a bit of a let down so to speak. I did say this time last year that I needed a quiet 2011 and that's exactly what I got so I can't be too disappointed. It has made me ready to shake things up a bit though.
The New Year brings with it the often broken promise that is the New Years Resolution. Every year we make these self promises in a bid to lead a better and healthier life. They give us early targets to aim for on which is a relativity clean slate. I always try and make a few resolutions and if I'm honest, I've often forgotten all about them by March. This year will be no different no doubt but I've still made a few resolutions of my own.
-I need to get fit. I'm not over weight but I am unfit and so (with the possibility of a major surgical procedure towards the end of the year) I need to get fit. This is one for the warmer summer months.
-I need to get my finances in order. They aren't bad but again (with the possibility of a major surgical procedure towards the end of the year) I need to start considering the financial implications of being off work for 3 months. I'm going to try and save as many holiday days as I can but it'll still mean being on sick pay for around 10 weeks. That'll be enough to pay my bills but I'll need to consider Christmas presents, etc.
-I need to make more time for my family. My family has been amazingly supportive and so I need to make more time for them, simple.
-Write my book. I've been writing it for a few years now. I think that I'm going to finish it with my op so hopefully this year (especially with a 12 week lay off) I should be able to get it done and dusted.
I've made one or two more resolutions but the 4 above are ones I really mean to keep. I'm going to finish with a couple of links to an article (it's in 2 parts). It makes really interesting reading regarding the various myths that surround trans-women.
13 Myths and Misconceptions About Trans Women: Part 1
13 Myths and Misconceptions About Trans Women: Part 2
So all it leaves is for me to wish you all a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2012 x x x
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.