20 weeks to go, 20 weeks to go!!! On Friday I'll be a quarter of the way there! It is crazy, and I know that I say that (or at least words to that effect) every blog post these days, but it is going so fast. As of writing, it's round round 4am so in 20 weeks time I'll only be a couple of hours from beginning the biggest day of my life. I keep imagining what it'll be like to wake up on that day. I have my presumptions over what will happen but I'm sure that it'll be different. I've read a lot of different accounts regarding the GRS experience and there is one thing that links then all together and that each convey. GRS is an incredibly personal experience that you can prepare for but you can't understand until you've experienced it. I want to be part of that exclusive club, that club that can live their lives. I am essentially in a state of limbo and now I know when I'll be 'free' that sense of limbo has kinda increased. That's why I am literally counting down the hours (3373 hours 22 minutes). I've not just worked that out by the way, I have an app on my IPad!
I can't wait to swim, I really can't. I never thought I'd miss swimming but I do. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to doing after the op. I used to love swimming. I can remember when I first began cheffing and I started doing split shifts. I'd have around 3-4 hours to kill in he afternoon so I started popping down to the local baths. It's the only form of exercise that I actually enjoy. I love being in the water. When I worked in Spain I used to spend a lot of time snorkelling, I loved it. Obviously, being in skimpy swim wear is off the table, at least until I don't have that bulge. I can safely say that once I've had the op and recovered, one of the first things I'll do is go swimming.
In other news, I've started wearing eyeliner and it's made a difference, especially now that I know how to apply it without poking my eye out! Every day is a school day when you're transitioning.
I used to love to swim for an hour in the mornings, usually when the old age pensioners who were so much fitter than me swam, I was never so fit. When I returned from a holiday in the Med where I had been able to use the new fit body on the beach I was determined to continue as soon as I returned. On that first day there was a confused group at the door reading that the change of the pool from a useable fitness pool to to one with slides and waves was starting weeks early and we had to use the tiny school pool with open changing areas and showers. Apart from the fact that there was no chance to swim a length without being stopped it was the start of my dissatisfaction with having to live with the stupid body nature had given me. the girls were having more fun whilst the guys were just battling up and down and I was not in either group...
ReplyDeleteThat pool is being closed down now and a new one built, I have yet to find out if it will actually be able to swim in! I do so hope that I shall be able to use my newer streamlined body there. Told you the time would fly...