So, 21 weeks.... you know the rest of this sentence by now. Time is going so quickly isn't it? I've always found that October and November go fast. It's as though time itself gets bored of the year so tries to wind it up as quickly as possible. I will be sorry to see the end of 2012 but I'm also really looking forward to 2013 for obvious reasons. On the whole 2012 has been a good year. I can remember thinking this time last year. I honestly thought that I'd be having the op this year. Had circumstances been different I'd have accepted that cancellation in November and 2012 would have possibly been the biggest and most important year of my life. In December I'll do my usual thing and do abit of a year review.
Yesterday I went for a laser appointment. It was my first appointment since March! I've been needing to go for a few months now but each month I put it off because I couldn't exactly afford it. Truth be told, I only need to put 30 quid away each month and I'd be able to go every 3 months. I just forget though and so when I do need it done I struggle to take the £100 hit in one go. I had questioned whether it was actually working as the progress did seem slow. This 6 months has actually confirmed that it is working. I still have to go over with an electric but not as much as I once did. It's also covered easily with make-up. It's manageable I guess.
After my laser I popped into the Salon next door and had my eyebrows done. This is something else I tend to neglect. I don't neglect them as much as I once did. I go over with my tweezers once a week but the shape had gone out of them. It's amazing how something relatively small like getting your eyebrows waxed can make you feel so good. It gives you that bit more confidence and makes you feel that bit more a girl.
I feel like a girl more and more each day. This whole being a girl thing is pretty normal to me these days. It is strange though because my old life is still in there but it doesn't feel like me. It is as though I have someone else's memories in a way. I do slip now and again though and I do feel a bit stupid. Speaking is one of the main things and I need to be abit more adventurous with make-up. I have a mixed relationship with make-up. I don't really like wearing foundation but I love the other bits. I love eyeshadow and always wear it as a part of my make-up routine. I also love Lipgloss and hardly ever do lipstick. Im going to start practising abit with eyeliner I think. Eyeliner is the one thing I've never got to grips with. I always find I poke my eye out or I put on too much, too far away from my eyelid. I appreciate how it can bring your eyes out though and my eyes are one of my better features. I'll give it a go, see what happens lol.
September / october just vanished as did my eyebrows...
ReplyDeleteA few minutes waxing and a new person appears!
Eyeliner on the lower lid I find really easy. Top lid drives me mad!!!
ReplyDelete