Tuesday, 27 November 2012

In Another Universe I'm In Recovery

The fear of the number 17 is called 'heptadecaphobia' or 'heptakaidekaphobia

Some Ear Rings I made.
This week I lost 1.5 lbs and I'm kinda ok with that. I'm now down 6.5 lbs in a fortnight and I have noticed. My face looks a bit more slender and my belly appears to be shrinking. I feel slightly better too as being on this diet has caused me to be a bit more active. Its all for the greater good though as the op date creeps ever closer. It's less than 17 weeks now! In other news, I've enjoyed making some jewelry. It's really relaxing and therapeutic and I am getting quite good at it. I've even set up a store on Etsy.com to try and sell some. I'm hoping that it will help to while away the long days during my 12 week lay off from work next year. Talking about work, Christmas month starts on Saturday. In my trade (I'm a Chef for new readers) it is always the busiest time of year and so I dread it. My Christmas gets severely limited so I'm actually yearning for around 5pm on New Years Day. We close for a week then so I get a week off work. Also, once Christmas is out of the way, time will fly before my op date on the 25th March.

     When I got the call from admissions at CHX in September I offered 2 dates, the one I took and the 25th November 2012. It didn't escape my notice that the 25th fell on the other day and I kinda had mixed feelings about it. Most people in my position would've taken the earlier date like a shot. Truth be told, had I been at my last job, I would've. I had my reasons for taking the later date. Financially it gives me more time to get a bit of money behind me. It gives me more time to prepare in terms of physical things I'll need. I couldn't leave my present bosses in the lurch by taking Christmas off. Despite the fact that it makes total sense to have my op in March I still couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment. I would've been whole by now, woken up to a dream come true. I would be facing the months of recovery now rather than be still 4 months away from it. I know that when March comes I'll look back at things and I know that I'll be happy that I waited. 

   


1 comment:

  1. I had my op in February and it was great knowing that it was a low miserable part of the year and you are not missing much! Then you are getting better ready for the summer, for me it could not have been better...

    1.5 lb per week is reasonable weight to loose, just control your appetite when lying about in recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.