Monday, 20 August 2012

It's Gods Mistake To Rectify

 

     Its been a few days since I received my Pre-Surgery appointment through the post and this extra time has given me time to reflect. I tend to reflect on things alot when I'm not quite sure how to handle certain situations. It's as though I try to make sense of events in my past in the hope that it'll help me handle events that are happening now.

     I have an appointment at CHX and the fact that I have one so soon is the part I'm having trouble believing. I know that some people have to wait months and months for an appointment. These are the same people who spend years on NHS waiting lists endlessly hopping that they'll get to where I've gotten to in 2 years! To put this into context, when I first asked my therepist to refer me to a GIC back in December 2009 she looked into it. The waiting list at Sheffield GIC was 2 years just to get seen for an Initial Assessment appointment. Had I been put on that waiting list I would probably be still living my old life, waiting. I would be 2 - 3 years behind and probably wouldn't get a surgery date for another 2-4 years! As it stands I'm just a month away from getting a surgery date!

     Why have I had it so easy? Why have I been allowed to move on and live my life as I want? Is it divine intervention? I'm not a massive beliver of god or indeed of any higher being. If there was ever any cause for me to suddenly turn to religion then surely my transition would be it. It is as though the obsticals that would normally litter my path have been moved by some higher force. In all of my time that I've been full-time I've had one bit of trouble and that was 2 years ago! Infact in all the time I went out before I was full-time I rarely encountered any trouble. I have the support of my family and I'm in a loving relationship with a guy who is so supportive it's unreal. It's almost as though my present life is how it was meant to be. It's how it should've been, I have no doubt in my mind about that. It's as though someone knows they made a mistake and so they're letting me rectify it with the minimum of fuss. As I said, I'm not religious but sometimes even the strongest of non-believer has cause to rethink a few things.

     The fact that the next thing on my blog countdown widget will be my surgery date is a bit mental to me. It's slightly unbelievalble that I'm essentially on the home straight now and it's given me one or two things to think about. One of those things is what to do about this blog. I will still blog once I've fully transitioned but this blog may find itself surpless to requirements. I'd like to tell my life story properly and it may become a vehicle for that. I've got a while to think about it and I will continue to document my transition until such a time as I feel I no longer need to.

     The other thing I've begun to think about is my surgery and I've begun planning it in my mind. I've begun thinking about the things I'll need and even what to take into hospital with me. I'm actually saving some books for my hospital stay and even holding back on watching a few DVD's so I can save them for my hospital stay. I've even decided to tell my bosses the reason I'll be off work when the time comes. I'm reasonably sure they may know anyway but regardless, they'll know in due course. I had thought about telling them a lie or even quitting my job. I do like it there though and they like me. I kinda owe it to them to be honest. It is a long time to be off work and they need to know the real reason why.

     I'm probably going to be blogging a bit more over the coming weeks as my pre-surgery appointment draws near. I'm going to have a lot of questions I'm sure and I'm going to be reflecting a lot, that's for sure

4 comments:

  1. I had thought about telling them a lie or even quitting my job. I do like it there though and they like me. I kinda owe it to them to be honest. It is a long time to be off work and they need to know the real reason why.

    can I just clarify here for my own curiosity....

    Honest about what? what are you thinking of telling them exactly?

    If they already know and they haven't asked about it, then it seems it does not concern them and so, is there a reason why you might make them think there IS something to be concerned about by raising it?

    And if they don't know, then as far as I'm aware, women and hunmans (in general) take time off for health/medical reasons all the time (including to get surgery for various things). Mostly, people in general don't feel it neccessary or that they owe anyone anymore of an explination than just that:

    "I need some time off for medical reasons"
    Or
    "I need some time of because I have to have an operation".

    Unless that is; you feel you are being dishonest about the fact that you are female or a girl? in which case YES you probably should tell them because people generally tend to notice a change in our demeanour when we feel we are hiding or lying about something and that tends to alienate them when they find out.

    good luck and best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Van Buren says.... Why out yourself unneccasarily?
    I mean if they know they sure aint bothered are they? They wouldve said so by now, you wouldve sensed something.

    I would just say: "Im going in for an operation, its nothing serious but its something cosmetic thats been bugging me since i was little". And leave it t that, You will sense if they know what the op really is about because you know them well.

    THEN you could decide whether to go into more details...

    Im so excited for you though... If you want someone to go with you i will come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention that. I have always thought someone is watching over me too. Even my horoscopes seemed a bit too accurate over the last couple of years or so. Maybe we are all watched over!

    With regards to telling your employer about surgery, just remember you have no obligation to tell them. I wouldn't, but that's me. I was once told by a friend of mine that legally you are actually more protected if you do tell them. You do what you feel you need to do.

    :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur with Samantha, it's no else's business, if you work with mostly men just say you need surgery for 'women's things' most blokes will accept that and not ask any further questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.