Wednesday, 1 August 2012

It's Gonna Hurt, Hurt Like Hell!

     Well, it's been a tough couple of weeks. Strange, really strange. Following the deaths of my school friends the other week, I've spent a lot of time mulling over my own mortality. No one expects to die at thirty do they? I've taken it for granted that I'll see seventy, maybe even eighty. If the past couple of weeks have taught me anything it's that we are all but a breath away from death, that none of us can take the time we have for granted.

     In other news, I've begun to think seriously about the genital hair removal I may need before my op. I'm expecting my letter from either Mr Thomas or Mr Bellringer to arrive within the next month so I do need to start thinking about the op and my preparations for it. Genital hair removal is an important part of the process as any untreated hair follicles could cause infection after the op. I may not need it but if I do, it could put the op back another six months and I'm not sure I want to take that chance. It is an expensive job but it is funded by the GIC (unlike facial hair removal). I'm not concerned about the cost though, I'm more concerned about the pain. Electrolysis involves needles being inserted into the hair follicle to 'kill' the follicle. That has to hurt, especially in those sensitive areas. It needs to be done though, that is for sure. It's just one in a long line of painful experiences I'll have been through for the ultimate goal of being normal.

     Outside the whole trans thing, I'm enjoying the olympics. What an opening ceremony, stunning, simply stunning! It's really strange seeing these sports being contested in this country but so inspiring. It's so tempting to buy a bike or start rowing lol. It is really inspiring though and I'm so proud of our competitors in Team GB.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a vasectomy, and that bloody hurt, so in small way (as it were)I understand your anxieties very well.

    Good luck, hopefully it will be worth it all at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.