163 days ago I went on a date. We went walking in the countryside to a place near Matlock called Cromford. On this date he was charming and a real gentleman. He held the branch back to let me through a particularly overgrown part of the path. I'm not sure why I remember this part of the whole date, maybe it's because I felt like a lady at that moment. I was the woman on a date for the first time in my life and it was a defining point in my transition.
That first date quickly turned into a relationship and for the following 160 days I was so happy. We got on so well and seemed to fit brilliantly together. We talked about our future and made plans that stretched over the next few years. We seemed solid but looks can be deceiving as I've found out this week.
On Sunday our relationship began to unravel. I'm not entirely sure why, in fact I'm at a real loss to explain what went wrong. Jamie just changed his mind about us or at least that's what it seems like. We talked on the phone and I kinda knew the writing was on the wall. He had to decide whether he could see a future for us. For me it was simple. I loved him and I only saw him in my future. The fact that he had to make this big choice was so worrying and kinda insulting. He shouldn't have needed to make a choice, it should've been simple. If he loved me then there was no choice. On Tuesday morning I had the end of our relationship confirmed in the worst and most cowardly of ways.
The text message said that he didn't see a future for us and so he wanted us to just be friends. I still can't understand what went wrong. Being dumped by text message was so humiliating though and is something I'll never forgive him for. After 5 months I deserved more than a text! I deserved n explanation too and I'm still waiting on a satisfactory one of those. He said that he doesn't deserve me and that I could do better but I don't see that as being a logical explanation. Everything has crossed my mind. Did he have someone else? Did my transition suddenly become real? Was he pressurised by his parents? We were happy and I'll never understand why it's over because it's such a waste.
I cried pretty much constantly throughout Tuesday and Wednesday. I worked both of those days and I'd find myself just bursting into tears at the most random of moments. My heart has been broken and it's going to take some time to get over it. Most of my friends have called Jamie a scumbag but I still love him and I still care so much for him. He was my world and nobody else matched up. Had he proposed I'd have married him, there was no competition. I will get over it and I will date again. I'll find someone else and I'll look back on this as a good thing. My mum said that I should get back on the dating site straight away but I'm not sure I can. I'd feel guilty, as though I'd be betraying my feelings for Jamie or something, which is stupid. It's how I feel though.
I told Jamie that I regretted the past 5 months which is far from the truth. I kinda said it in the heat of the moment. My reasoning was that had the past 5 months not happened then I wouldnt have these memories that made me cry so much. I don't regret my time with Jamie though. It was a great thing to happen to me at a big time in my life. Being with him gave me confidence and gave me something else in life. It gave me hope that I could be genuinely happy. It may be over now and ii may have had my heart broken. I will get over him though, I'm one of life's survivors.
Just a thought, and I'm not trying to be cruel, but did you happen to tell him about your SRS being confirmed? if so, did you tell him that recently?
ReplyDeleteSome guys aren't always what they seem. there may have been a reason he was so accepting of you in the first place.
Dear Emma,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to read the bad news, I'd give you a hug if I could. I'm almost 43 and now happily with my partner of 9 years but I had to mend my broken heart on (dare I say) several occasions through my 20s and I can remember the pain you describe.
I know I saying the usual thing but... do let the hurt heal and when love finds you again, be a part of it.
I'm sorry to say what your friends have already said but he's a shit for behaving as he has. If "Can we be friends?" was an honest request then he should have also given you respect in how he ended the relationship - at the very, very least.
Anyway, the thing to do now is have your cry (it's healing if nothing else) and then dust yourself off and shake your tail feathers and move on with life. You have your surgery to be thinking about for one thing. And use your friends, they love you and are there to care for you.
Wishing you all the best.
Sorry this has happened to you at this time on the lead up to your surgery where a friendly face to help you through would be priceless.
ReplyDeleteDon't give up, when I was in being repaired the only other patient I came across had their boyfriend there with them and he had even written the cheque for her op. We can find love and after your recovery you will probably have a queue forming for consideration...
{{{{hugs}}}}
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that things did not work out. Your mum is right though, there are plenty more fish in the sea. It looks like you have a great circle of friends to support you which is lovely. Chin up mi dear :o) x
ReplyDeleteBig virtual hug. The price we pay for good times is to also have some very bad times. I hope better times return soon. x
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs Emma. Hope you feel better soon. xxx
ReplyDeleteEmma, I'm so sorry to hear this. You were undoubtedly happy and any loss will take time to get over. I'm sending you a hug to help the healing. Dare I still hope for you and Jamie? Love, Sue xxx
ReplyDelete