So, I'm off the Hormones for the first time since 10th August 2010! Im having mixed emotions over it, I must say. The little blue pills have become a constant in my life, an ever present part of my morning and evening routines. They've helped to change my body and my mind too. I am slightly scared that certain changes may begin to reverse! The fact that I've had to stop taking them though means that my surgery date is getting closer, down to the last 6 weeks to be exact! As of writing, I've been off the hormones for 6 days and I've not quite had any really adverse effects. I have been having some pretty vivid dreams though so I guess that counts as an effect.
When I got my surgery date it was September and 26 weeks away! I am quite literally on the last leg of what has been an incredible journey. I'm not making the mistake of believing that the op is the final stage of transition because I know it's not. It is the end of this period in my life though that began in April 2009 when I first 'came out' to my mother. What a roller coaster it's been since then. Did I ever truly believe that I'd reach this point? There were times, especially in the 6 months after I 'came out' when I thought that I'd never even go full-time. To reach this stage is amazing.
I would love to say that the past 20 weeks have flown by. The thing is, they haven't. Its going quickly now, that's true. Next week I have my Pre-Admission appointments at Charing Cross and I'm slightly scared. I've been looking forward to my op date for what seems like an eternity. I'm just expecting something to go wrong. I'll be a lot happier to get home on Tuesday night knowing that I can really start thinking about my surgery, knowing that it was definitely going ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.