Saturday, 2 February 2013

No Time To Get Nervous

It's been a few weeks since my last post but I've had one or two more pressing concerns I guess, mainly my move to Devon! I moved down on Monday and started work on Wednesday. It's taken a bit of getting used to but I am enjoying it. Bovey Tracy is set in a beautiful part of the country, on the edge of Dartmoor. It's only 8 miles from the nearest beach too, which is nice considering i was born 100 miles from the sea! I'm really looking forward to getting out and exploring in the next few weeks. In the meantime I'm getting stuck into my work and I already have big plans for the menus.

     I need to get everything how I want it and it needs to be soon. I've not really got the luxury of time due to my upcoming surgery. It's less than 8 weeks away!! I have to go to London on the 19th February for my pre-surgical appointments which I'm starting to get nervous about. I'm also coming off the hormones a week on Monday which is a big thing. I've been on them for 2.5 years and they've become a huge part of my life. I take two tablets in the morning and two before bed, it's all part of my routine.

     With all of the problems regarding my work I've not had a lot of time to think about my op. I guess that it's been a bit of a blessing in a way because the op is kinda creeping up on me. I am ready though, pretty much. I need to save a bit of money but apart from that I'm pretty set. I've reached the stage where I just want it done now, I've waited long enough. Every now and again I get asked if I'm nervous, it's something my Dad asks me quite a lot. I wouldn't say I'm nervous, not yet at least. I'm sure that the nerves will come in the couple of weeks before. At the moment I'm more excited than anything.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that things are looking up for you! Good luck with the menus, and with the 19th!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.