I've been enjoying editing 'Breaking Free...' in preparation for getting it published. It's been great to read the journey I've come on and I think that it could make a very good book. I've also been looking through my old letters from the therapist I saw before I got referred to the G.I.C. as well as the ones from the G.I.C. I've been careful to save any correspondance regarding my dealings with my Gender issues for posterity. The best part in all of these letters was this snippet...
'In summary, we support a diagnosis of gender identity disorder and entry to our treatment programme.'
It still makes me smile just thinking about it. I guess that it's like when a dyslexic finds out that they have an actual medical condition and that they aren't stupid. For me, getting that diagnosis proved what I already knew, that I should've been born a girl. It proved that I was a victim of a set of chemical circumstances that were out of my control. When I heard that diagnosis on the 20th July 2010 my life began to make sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.