Saturday, 8 October 2011

The Most Important Blog Post

I been thinking about what the most important blog post I ever wrote was. I've written some pretty big ones in the past 3 or 4 years but which one was the most important. There is one that truly changed my life although at the time I'd never have guessed at how important. It was a simple memorial to a murdered work colleague that set in course a set of circumstances that truly changed my life. It is also a post that should act as a warning to those bloggers who wish to stay in the closet. Basically a work colleague got murdered and I posted a short post about her. My other work mates, wanting to find out about her murder case, Googled her name. My Blog came up on the first page of search results. I was lucky in that it would be a few months before people began to tell me that they knew and that most would allow me to 'come out' before telling me they already knew. It definately made the 'coming out' thing a whole lot easier and it also brought it forward I guess. I'm not sure that I would even be fully out now had things not been fast forwarded.

 Friday 10th July 2009 3:20am


Perspective Duly Recieved

Got some bad news yesterday when I was informed of the death of a co worker. I'd known her on and off for 9 years and had worked with both her sons at different points. She was found shortly before 6 am yesterday morning, dead by the side of the road. As of writting her husband has been questioned and the general feeling is that it was a Hit and Run. I was only speaking to her a few days ago, and so her death came as a great shock to me. She was only 43 and was one of the most honest and genuine people you could ever wish to meet. No one could ever have a bad word to say about her. An extremely premature death indeed. Her death has really brought it home to me how fragile and precious life truly is. With out a seconds notice anyone of us can be plucked from this mortal coil. It's brought a lot of perspective to my life too. I can't imagine how her two sons must be feeling. RIP Colette Daffin, you will be sincerely missed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.