So, just 24 weeks to go until my op. It's not as long as it sounds. Time is going really fast, this last week has literally flown by. I think that once Christmas is out of the way with it will soon be time. I have a week holiday just after the new year (enforced due to the restaurant shutting for a week) then on the 11th February I stop taking hormones. Just a week later and I'm off to London for my pre-surgical appointments. I doubt I'll get alot of sightseeing in this time as I'm due at CHX for 13:00pm and I'm guessing I'll be there until gone 16:00pm. I might do a bit beforehand. I still want to see Big Ben and I want to have a browse down Oxford Street. Anyway, just 4 weeks after that appointment and it's my 31st birthday and the following week I'm going for the op.
I think that at the moment I'm just knocking off the days.Nothing much is happening, I'm just living my life much as I have done for the past 2 years. After Christmas, when things really start happening, it will really fly by.
Having this target, this thing to look forward to, does give me focus though. I smile when I look at the countdown App I have on my Ipad and Iphone. It's all about knocking off the days and I smiled the other day when I got past the 170 day mark and into the 160's. I expect I'll smile again in a weeks time when I hit the 150's. I am literally counting down the hours though, 4029 at the current count. It may seem like I'm wishing my life away and in many respects I am. If someone came to me and said that they could put me to sleep and I'd wake up after Christmas, I'd do it like a shot.
In other news I had an appointment with the GIC this morning. This time, since I'd been referred to CHX for surgery, it was done via phone. It was very straight forward and he was pleased I'd gotten a surgery date so quickly. I have an appointment with him after the op when my medication may be adjusted and when Im going to sort out my GRC (Gender Recognition Certificate). After that I should be discharged from the GIC which is kinda scary. It's been a part of my life for nearly 3 years and so I'm going to miss it in a strange kind of way.
After my phone call I met up with Samantha for lunch in Nottingham. We went to Soulville Steakhouse on Queen Street, just up from the Brian Clough statue. I had a 6oz Rump Steak with a side of Onion Rings followed by Chocolate Fudge Cake. The Steak was spot on, perfectly cooked to my medium-rare preference. I did say to Sam though that if a Steakhouse can't cook Steak then you're in trouble. I thought it was nicer than Hooters where we went last month. It was nice to catch up with Samantha as we are both of a similar age and at a simlar stage in our journey. She does lead an interesting life through her work and I enjoy hearing her stories.
On a last note, I began stocking up for my op the other day. I've got a big plastic box as storage and I've got some nappy sacks, baby wipes, ear plugs (for the hospital stay) and a fold up mirror (to help with dilating). It's not much but it's a start. I'm determined to be as prepared as possible
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.