Saturday, 18 February 2012

Who's On Candid Camera?

Taken New Years Eve '08
I went out around Nottingham last night, I'll post a proper post about it later. At one point in the night though a few 'bob' pictures came out and I tried to explain what I used to look like. When you consider what I look like now, that's no wonder really. I used to have a skin head and often went without shaving. I think that it was some kind of sub concious thing. Maybe I was trying to look more masculine than I felt to fit into the typical male role. I only own two photos of the old me. I think that it is important to remember where you came from and it does make you think when you do look at your old photos. When I get a bit depressed that the laser is perhaps not having the effect that I'd maybe expect it's good to remind myself that I once had the ability to grow a forest on my chin. Another thing is the hair. I love having long hair, despite the extra maintenence. I love waking up in the morning and having long hair and I really can't get my head around why some girls choose to chop it off.

My earliest 'dressing picture.
     As well as 'bob' pics, the conversation drifted onto early dressing pictures. I honestly thought I'd gotten rid of my early pictures but I hadn't. I look a state, in a word. I didn't actually discover foundation until I'd been dressing for a while so I have a bad case of blue beard on a lot of the photos. This picture to the right was actually taken 9 years ago nearly. I was living up in Widnes and the new found freedom meant that I could really indulge in my dressing. I guess that this is when it really all started becoming real. It was this time that I actually discovered the internet and the support sites.

My first Night Out March '08
Me now taken just 4 weeks ago.
     In March 2008 I had my first night out as Emma on Canal Street in Manchester. It was the turning point in things I guess. I'll never forget how depressed I felt the next day while walking to the trainstation. I'm still quite far from my present appearence in the pic to the left although I think that it shows signs of the woman I am today. That brings us onto my most recent pic to the right. When you consider the 'bob' pics esspecially, the change is pretty phenominal and I am really happy with it. There are still the odd things that I need to work on but I do think that I look pretty good these days and that being a girl suits me a lot more than being a boy ever did.

3 comments:

  1. Emma, you are so lucky to have made the change at this age, my forrest lasted another two decades before deforestation started, a wasted two decades...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma I wish the internet had have come out 40years ago my life would have changed long ago,you got there just in time,,Sam,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma!
    I think I commented at the time, when I first met you in 2009, that I saw no trace of male in you. You always appeared to me to be female. And I think your latest photos confirm that 110%! You are female. And a very pretty one too! [fights off green-eyed monster!] :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for reading and taking the time to comment on this post.